To watch a video tutorial on this process, click here.
- When you create a survey or add a student, the students are sent an email immediately from CATME asking them to create their password. Their account is created by CATME when you create a survey with their email address as their CATME name. You need to tell students that their CATME account is created and that their CATME name is their email address [the one that you used]. They also need to know that they must enter their own password into CATME. CATME does not create their password nor do you.
- At Midnight of the start date, CATME sends a message asking your students to complete your survey. If the start date is today then the survey request goes out immediately too.
- Two days before the survey end date, CATME sends a reminder email asking all students who have not yet completed the survey to do so. You can send additional reminders.
- If you want to see the survey that students will see, click the preview button and you will be walked through the survey questions.
- If you wish to see who has completed the survey and the data that they have entered click on the data & teams button and then on the raw data button. These buttons are not available before the start date. Only the faculty who created the survey or are delegated into a course/section can see the student data.
- The survey closes at midnight of the end date. You can reopen the survey for a student who missed doing it or finishing it. Go to student editor, click on their name, click on reopen survey, let them know and make sure survey is still open.